In the grand tradition of grammar school essays, I’m going to write a “What I’m doing on my Summer Vacation” post. Clever and original, right? Don’t answer that. It’s part of my strategy to motivate myself by publicly declaring my goals. Aren’t you glad to be included in my plans? Again, don’t answer that.
Anyway, this is what I plan to do during my Summer Vacation.
- I’m not taking a vacation.
- Pack as much freebie fun as I can into the days between my son’s virtual school year ending and his new school year beginning.This includes free concerts, book clubs, Summer Reading programs, and of course movies!
- OK, this is the biggie. I’m going to redo my blog. That means that all the stories and posts I’ve posted in the past years are all going to disappear, as I’m starting again from scratch. I have backed up my stories locally and remotely, but they will no longer be available through this website. So if you want to reread something, now’s the time to do it. I hope this doesn’t offend any of my readers, but I can’t think of another way to revamp the site. Thank you for your support!
- Finish the final tiny bit of formatting I have to do for my novel and send out to beta readers.
- Begin shopping for an agent.
- Finish my Spring Cleaning. I know it’s Summer, but it’s a lot of work! Especially reorganize my office. Now that the weather is warmer, going downstairs to my garage-adjacent office is rather appealing.
- I don’t know. Whatever other fun things come up. If my recording equipment is sufficient, I would like to volunteer for Librivox.
So there you have my plans for the next couple months laid out nice and tidy. What do you plan to do this Summer?