Play or download episode *here*
Hello, and Welcome to My Writing Niche, a podcast for new writers. Today’s podcast, #60, was recorded for Sunday, June 10th, 2012; and I’ll be talking about books! Specifically, I’ll be talking about books that have had a huge influence on my life.
1. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
2. Restaurant at the End of the Universe
3. So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
4. Life, The Universe, and Everything
5. Man and His Symbols by Jung
6. Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein
7. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
8. Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
9. Caves of Steel by Asimov
10. I, Robot by Asimov
11. Planet of the Damned by Harry Harrison
12. Death World by Harry Harrison
13. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain
14. Immortal Poems of the English Language (poetry anthology)- an anthology edited by Oscar Williams
15. The Fourth Dimension by Rudy Rucker (non-fiction)
Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott (from reading Rudy Rucker)
Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams
And last but not least, Edith Hamilton’s Mythology
and John Wiswell’s original post, 15 novels that stick with me
Thank you for your time. Polite feedback is both welcomed and appreciated, and I hope you have a lovely week!
**image courtesy of hiddedevries via Flicker.
***Slow Burn from the album Blues Sampler courtesy of Kevin MacLeod via Creative Commons Attribution license. More of his music can be found at FreeMusicArchive.org or at http://incompetech.com.